Job Opportunities with MALT
Seasonal Intern (posted 09-02-14)
Reports to: Land Steward/GIS Specialist
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 20-40 hours per week.
Duration: Based on availability.
- Assist staff with development, education and
land conservation related tasks. Duties may include:
- Researching and writing grants.
- Becoming proficient with MALT’s database (Salesforce).
- Entering information, organizing and generating reports in MALT’s database.
- Planning fundraising events.
- Contacting business sponsors.
- Preparing MALT for LTA recertification.
- Assisting with cold contact mailing
- General office tasks such as answering phones and assisting with mailings.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Executive Director or other staff.
- Participate in mandatory staff training and meetings.
Education, Technology Skills and Physical Abilities:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental and/or public policy, business/non-profit management, law or a related field.
- Interested and enthusiastic about sustainability principles, land conservation and environmental education.
- Experience communicating with businesses, government and the general public.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, self-directed, strongly motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent internet and academic researching skills.
- High-energy, forward-thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards.
- No housing offered.
- Academic course credit highly recommended.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com, Attn: Operations Intern, by September 20th, 2014. In the cover letter describe in detail:
- Coursework you feel would help you in this position.
- Experiences leading interpretive programs or speaking with groups of people.
- Experiences you having living, working and/or learning in the West.
- Biggest challenges you anticipate with this position.
- Short-term and long-term goals.
- Why you would be a good fit for this position.
Mountain Area Land Trust
P.O. Box 4063
Evergreen, Colorado 80437-4063
Physical: 3721 Evergreen Parkway, Suite 1, Evergreen, CO 80439
Office: (303) 679-0950